by Radxa Limited
The ROCK 5 Model B is the latest Radxa SBC with a Pico ITX form factor (2.5 inch, 100 x 72mm). Powered by the all-new powerhouse RK3588 SoC, the ROCK5 Model B offers awesome power-efficient performance in 4GB, 8GB or 16GB RAM configurations.
- RK3588, ARM powered, Quad A76 + Quad A55, Mali G610MP4, 6T NPU, 8K 10 bit encoder, 8K decoder.
- 4GB/8GB/16GB LPDDR4x RAM Options.
- Supports WiFi 6E and BTE 5.2
- Supports PCle 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD
- Triple Display Support (with HDR), two HDMI 2.1 up to 8K@60FPS, one USB-C with DP up to 8K@30FPS
- HDMI in support up to 4K@60FPS
- 2.5G Ethernet with PoE Support (requires optional PoE HAT)
- Linux Kernel 5.10 Compatible
- Debian Buster Compatible
- 40P GPIO
- 2x USB 3.1
Have some info to add for this board? Edit the source for this page here.
Adafruit Blinka Installation
We use a special library called adafruit_blinka (named after Blinka, the CircuitPython mascot) to provide the layer that translates the CircuitPython hardware API to whatever library the Linux board provides.
For example, on Raspberry Pi we use the python RPi.GPIO library. For any I2C interfacing we'll use ioctl messages to the /dev/i2c device. For SPI we'll use the spidev python library, etc. These details don't matter so much because they all happen underneath the adafruit_blinka layer.