Pi 1 Model A
by Raspberry Pi
The Raspberry Pi 1 Model A is the original Model A. In November 2014 It was superseded by the Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+
- Broadcom BCM2835, ARM11 76JZF-S SoC @ 700MHz
- 256MB RAM
- 26-pin GPIO header
- Separate Composite Video Output
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- Stereo audio output port
- Full-size SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
Have some info to add for this board? Edit the source for this page here.
Adafruit Blinka Installation
We use a special library called adafruit_blinka (named after Blinka, the CircuitPython mascot) to provide the layer that translates the CircuitPython hardware API to whatever library the Linux board provides.
For example, on Raspberry Pi we use the python RPi.GPIO library. For any I2C interfacing we'll use ioctl messages to the /dev/i2c device. For SPI we'll use the spidev python library, etc. These details don't matter so much because they all happen underneath the adafruit_blinka layer.